Nothing great in the world has ever been accomplished without passion” G.W.F. Heigel

Everyone should have a passion in life and mine is photography. I dream of leaving a "legacy" for my children. I love to write but I am no poet, yet I express myself through pictures and one day when I'm no longer able to hold a camera in my hands, my children can look back and say..."my mom did that."

Its hard to classify me as a specific photographer. I believe in diversity and not just in a specialty. I'm luck to have some amazing "assistant" my son, Jeremy who is following in my footsteps so when I can't, he can.

My father was a big inspiration to me…always taking pictures when I was a child and I fell in love with it.

Whenever I can I will still use film!

I currently live in Western KY but I do travel to Southern IN as well as parts of IL, TN & MO. Also depending on the work I have been known to go to other states as well. Just let me know what you need and we can see what we can come up with!

Monday, June 27, 2011

Stick figures and me

Sometimes when I get ready for a sitting self doubt seems to set in.  Nothing wrong with that I think because to me it personally ensures that I have my "A" game on and that I'm fully prepared.  It's almost like pre-wedding jitters...but without the wedding.  I go through all my equipment from top to bottom, make sure everything's A-OK, pull out my trust dog eared notebooks and go through them for inspiration and begin to sketch.  Granted I may not be the best artist in the world but those stick figures of mine go along way! I try to do a Q&A before a sitting but sometimes...well most times I get "I trust you.  You're the photographer." No No No!!  I don't want to hear that!  I want to know what you would like as well.  This isn't a ME project (unless well I'm working on a ME project...) this is a YOU project.  You are the one whose going to look at the pictures hanging on your wall forever, not me.  Well anyways, back to the stick figures.  After I get a general feel of what the person is wanting and where the sitting is going to take place I get to sketching.  Sometimes I come up with the randomest ideas, sometimes I draw a blank which is what driving aimlessly is all about,.  I get inspired by what the world has to offer to me.  And the stick figures begin to play out in my mind.  Anyone who looks at my notebooks would think that they belong to some preschool child just learning to draw but I'd be lost without my stick figures.  Sometimes my stick figures have accessories or bended knees or something obscure in the background which is supposed to be reminiscent of landscape or cityscape or where ever my random driving has taken me.  And guaranteed that anyone who isn't me is going to look at them and probably see something that either doesn't make sense or is obscene.  But I get them.  Little arrows all over helps also.  They're my inspiration.  Maybe someday I'll share with the world my stick figures.  




As a photographer or an artist...what do you do for inspiration?

No comments:

Post a Comment